Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2012

Finding Escape by Mark Tipple


Finding Escape from Mark Tipple on Vimeo.
On the 17th of December 2009 I was photographing small waves at Coogee Beach, Sydney when I dove under a larger wave and thought to turn the camera onto a swimmer next to me, and see what he went through while diving under the wave.
This split second produced a photo entitled 'Escape', and changed the direction of my photography with an ongoing series called The Underwater Project.
In my other photography work the personal connection between myself and the people in front of the camera is paramount, and while I work towards building these long term relationships it's this connection that has been lost through a candid approach to shooting underwater.
As the fourth year of shooting underwater begins I'm trying to find the swimmer that was in the first photo of the series. Can you help Find Escape?


www.facebook.com/theunderwaterproject #findingescape
www.marktipple.com

No comments:

Post a Comment